• Squad Free Weekend + New Map

Free weekend starts on april 6th, if anyone hasn't atleast tried the game you should definitely get in on the free weekend. Free Weekend and Soundtrack Vol. 2 Mar 31,...

Read More

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Montage Takes Revenge...

Here’s another highlight from Pixel Enemy‘s community submissions, the place where gamers can put forward their best content and share it with a large audience. As MP1st is a site about multiplayer, we’ve decided to feature some noteworthy content submissions. Today’s video is by J-Dizzle,...

Read More

126 vBulletin forums hacked; 819,977 accounts...

One of those not so friendly reminders to keep up to date on security patches for the software you run. Normally I wouldn't post here about this stuff, but since we also run vBulletin software, and some of those forums I recognize as places our members have accounts, it's time to remind everyone forum owners and members alike about security best practices. Periodically vBulletin, like any...

Read More

BF4DB back in Action

It's been awhile since BF4DB shut it's doors, and yesterday they announced they were back in action. https://bf4db.com/news/welcome-to-bf4db And while most of our memberbase has moved onto greener pastures it does bring me hope that those of us playing BF1 will see a bf1db.com show up soon. While any one metric alone shouldn't be used to determine...

Read More

When Did Games Get so Damn Expensive

Oh Boy Oh Boy, With the Battlefield 1 Open Beta underway or not depending on when you try to play it's a good time to take a step back, and just look at how expensive this god damn game is. A whopping $129.98 for the ultimate edition or $59.99 for standard + $49.99 for the premium pass. And what about that...

Read More

Dirty Teams :: Competitive Gaming

Bringing this back, been awhile since I posted up any posts. I like to follow the CEVO forums/Competitions just to see what people are playing in the competitive space/ how much it's died. I also like to keep track of all the other competitive venues out there, be it some night cup that spins up, c-gl, the former twl and their trials and tribulations etc. Just today I came across a team...

Read More

YouTube Gaming Launch :: Live Stream Updates

Alright party people, youtube gaming launched recently, and with their new domain to bring emphasis on their live streaming capabilities for gamers, we've updated our formally twitch.tv streaming plugin which now incorporates youtube streaming embed as well. if you are a youtube streamer, and want to have your stream featured, I need your Channel ID, and a channel...

Read More
  • That Last Hooah to Battlefield 3 Competitive Play

With Battlefield 3 coming to an end, and the battlefield 4 beta right around the corner, FLOT's competitive 5's team has been hard at work to make the best of the time we have left in Battlefield 3. We've come a long way since first finding our way into the Battlefield 3 competitive scene while having a rocky start in both CEVO season 1 and 2. But we also found great success in the TWL CTF ladder, having some fierce back and forths with Shot Docs.

Most recently we've made it to the winners bracket finals in the Bombgeek CEVO double elimination bracket.

After the high profile team Exertus, saw one of their starting members caught cheating, and our previous Round of 4 match reversed. We found ourselves back in action against vbuLL, to fight for a place in the WB Finals.

We edged out a victory, and saw it casted live by BrettFX

The current standings:

We've also seen relative success in the tried and true TWL ladders.

Our current, incomplete mind you, match history can be found on our matches page, dating back to 2007. It's sadly missing some gaps from the now defunct TGL during the BC2 era.

It's not the best record, but it's a testament to FLOT's history, and I hope to see it grow to many more pages, and games beyond the Battlefield franchise in the future.

Lets keep it going for Battlefield 4 and beyond!
    Comments 11 Comments
      the_prairie_prophet -
      Mad props yo!

Salute to Shin who got the ball rolling getting us interested in season 1 cevo (despite the lackluster results haha) and then cro for carrying the torch and recruiting new FLOT members who in addition to being deadly skilled are great people to game with.

Cheers to all the tier 1 pros who represent FLOT well!
      Polytonic -
      Hmmm, I would totally be interested in competitive BF4, now that I'm back on decent internet again. Hopefully I can actually run the game at a reasonable framerate.
      Shinobiwan -
      Yeah same, with winter aproaching i will have countless office chair hours to devote back to gaming. Hoping to scrim with you guys again, maybe get to finally game with some of the new recruits.

- - - Updated - - -

Good work fellas!
      Crotan -
      It might be awhile, CEVO isn't planning anything for the BF4 beta, and I doubt anybody else will hold anything meaningful. If anybody outside of our usual crew is interested in future battlefield competitive play, one you'll have to be a member. cough* Poly *cough, and two you have to be pretty deadly. It's a different world when you step into competitive play. Connect with Yonder!
      the_prairie_prophet -
      I was thinking perhaps we need like a FLOT practice squad? You know, so you A gamers can hone some skills without giving any tricks away to potential opponents down the road, and some of us others can develop some of our comp skills without anything on the line so to speak. If we can drum up enough interest for that sort of thing that is.
      TheYonderGod -
      Quote Originally Posted by Crotan View Post
      Connect with Yonder!
      WHY ME?!

Ok yeah, I could give some tips but most of the little tricks I know will be obsolete in Bf4, so we'll all be learning together.

There's a few things that will carry over from game to game, I'll make a thread tomorrow I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by the_prairie_prophet View Post
      I was thinking perhaps we need like a FLOT practice squad? You know, so you A gamers can hone some skills without giving any tricks away to potential opponents down the road, and some of us others can develop some of our comp skills without anything on the line so to speak. If we can drum up enough interest for that sort of thing that is.
      The thing you need most to start playing competitively is time and dedication, you can't half ass it and expect to compete with any decent teams. If you're willing to do it just hop in our scrims channel with us and we'll probably get you in a scrim as long as we aren't practicing something specific that's really important for a match.

It looks like larger than 5v5 game modes are going to be popular in Bf4 so we will probably need some more people too.
      synergy -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheYonderGod View Post
      WHY ME?!

The thing you need most to start playing competitively is time and dedication, you can't half ass it and expect to compete with any decent teams. If you're willing to do it just hop in our scrims channel with us and we'll probably get you in a scrim as long as we aren't practicing something specific that's really important for a match.

It looks like larger than 5v5 game modes are going to be popular in Bf4 so we will probably need some more people too.
      This.

And I completely agree with what Crotan said as well, it's no joke when you start playing these guys. I know I can't do it without breaking a keyboard or two in rage.
      Polytonic -
      Quote Originally Posted by Crotan View Post
      It might be awhile, CEVO isn't planning anything for the BF4 beta, and I doubt anybody else will hold anything meaningful. If anybody outside of our usual crew is interested in future battlefield competitive play, one you'll have to be a member. cough* Poly *cough, and two you have to be pretty deadly. It's a different world when you step into competitive play. Connect with Yonder!
      OKAY OKAY OKAY FINE. I would send in an application if it meant I could play Comp. HAPPY NOW CROUTON?!

Wow I just realized... it's been like four or five years now since you got me to join SD.

As for being deadly, yeah I could get there again with some practice and regular play. I just didn't have any motivation to keep playing BF3 after you guys stopped the whole Monday night thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYonderGod View Post
      I played Comp TF2 and was a pretty hardcore raider in WoW and SWTOR, so time and dedication are things I have in excess.

Also the scrims channel is password protected I think.
      Shinobiwan -
      Quote Originally Posted by the_prairie_prophet View Post
      This, i think i had mentioned it when i first got us into CEVO, so that i could bring in some ringers to help. Well its just kinda gone that way. I would still like to see more participation from other members who have been around a long while represent us, different levels of skill learning from our bf sensais, and yes you just really have to have the time to put forth.
      the_prairie_prophet -
      I just kind of miss doing scrims and the whole competition bit. I obviously enjoy pubbing with our members and a few others otherwise I'd be off playing a backlog of games I don't give any attention or watching hockey. I'd like to scrim again but I'm not about to pretend that I have the time to put into getting to the level required. You guys and girl ended up in the same league as Nexus/Exertus etc, that's impressive stuff.

I guess with BF3 this is going to become moot point, as I'm assuming most members are going to get into BF4 right away.
      Mikey777 -
      R.i.p bf3
  • Online Players

PlayerGame
    [FLOT] ProfessorHeat Signature
    Heat Signature
    [FLOT] InquisitorPLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
    PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
    [FLOT] Frawley6PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
    PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  • AntiCheat Status

• Twitter Feed