Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Battlefield 3 Server Preorder and Donation Drive

It's that time again folks. Time for us to get a new server up and running, for a shiny new game that's going to give us all disgusting addictions, just like that weird kid in your philosophy class who forever smells like Cheetos.

Battlefield 3.

If we preorder a BF3 server through Multiplay, we get 50% off the price for the entire life of the server. With this discount, for a 32-slot server we would be looking at $47.68 per month, with an additional fee of 4.75 to go branding-free (they charge you this extra fee if you don't want your server name prefixed with "Multiplay"), putting us at an average monthly total of around $53.00. By preordering, we also get a Mumble server thrown in for free (with the same number of slots as our BF3 server will be), meaning we can drop Ventrilo, saving us 7.95 a month.

So now is when we start our donation drive. Let's try to get enough to cover the cost of the BF3 server for two months (and our regular website upkeep costs during that time). The coffers have been running low for a while now, so if we can't cover everything for two months with this drive, let's at least shoot for $100 (EDIT: $100 reached, one hour after this posting! New goal is $250!) (EDIT2: $250 reached! New goal is $350!!) as that will give us a good chunk of change to put toward the following month, too.

Obviously, there's no cut-off date for donations, but we should preorder before the end of the month in case the Multiplay promotional discount ceases to be. That gives us one week. Let's get to it!

Use this link to donate:
    http://flotgaming.net/forums/awcodin...nt&sid=ds&id=4

If you can afford to throw in a few bucks, please do!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

I've just started off the drive with a $10 donation. We're 10% of the way there, chip in if you can!
    Last edited by drunkenpilot; 08-30-2011 at 10:39 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drunkenpilot For This Useful Post:

Crotan (08-24-2011), Raiden (08-28-2011)

just put $10 in the hat too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crotan For This Useful Post:

drunkenpilot (08-24-2011)

I'll be putting in my $10 when I get home!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to C-10 For This Useful Post:

drunkenpilot (08-24-2011)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Icewielder For This Useful Post:

Crotan (08-24-2011), drunkenpilot (08-24-2011), RudeRob (08-24-2011)

Wow!

YOW. Thanks Ice! Let's keep the donations rolling though fellas, the bigger the surplus we get, the longer we can keep the server up and running. Since Ice donated a whopping $100(!!), let's adjust the donation drive goal to $250, just to see if we can reach it! We're actually over halfway there now, haha.

Keep 'em coming!

Veteran FLOT Member the_prairie_prophet's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    why does it show 2142 and other servers as free? and if so...
    "We were never what people could be.
    We were only what we were."

I was curious about the same thing at first. Apparently with Multiplay, they allow you to convert your server from the game you originally ordered to any similar games of the same (or lesser, I'm guessing) pricings. So we would be able to convert our BF3 server to a 2142 server in the future if we chose to, although that wouldn't really be cost effective because the 2142 servers are so much cheaper per slot.

On a sidenote, if anyone is having problems with the donations page not showing the dropdown boxes for donation amount/recurring period/etc, try using a different browser. There seems to be some kind of problem with those dropdown boxes not loading on certain browsers (so far it seems to be Chrome and Firefox having the issue). I used Opera and it worked fine, and Crotan says that IE should work just fine too. Sorry for the trouble, we'll get 'er fixed asap.

Veteran FLOT Member the_prairie_prophet's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    aw shucks, a guy can dream haha
    "We were never what people could be.
    We were only what we were."

So I figured I'd pitch, albeit not through a direct donation. I bought an extra Preorder of the digital deluxe version Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad and intend on doing a raffle for it. So anyone who donates lets say 5$ or more after this posts gets a chance at it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inquisitor For This Useful Post:

Crotan (08-28-2011), drunkenpilot (08-28-2011)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast